Captain Alessandro Scaburri Joins Tecnam Flight Test Team
Tecnam at 29 September announced a further strengthening of its Capua, Italy based Flight Test team with the appointment of Captain Alessandro Scaburri as Tecnam Chief Experimental Test Pilot.
Captain Scaburri brings a remarkable range of aviation skills to the Tecnam Flight Test team. He is fully qualified as Pilot in Command on over 34 fixed wing aircraft (single and twin engine pistons, multi engine jet and turboprops, jet trainers, combat fighters, transports, gliders and 6 different helicopter types and is an NTSB qualified Aircraft Accident Investigation officer.
Recently employed as a Certification Test Pilot/ Head of Flight Operations at an Italian based GA OEM, his substantial and solid experience in all fields of flight testing, development and certification of both with high performance, transport aircrafts and propeller airplanes, Captain Scaburri experience will prove invaluable as Tecnam aspires to bring new models such as the 11 seat P2012 Traveller next-generation twin to market.
Captain Alessandro Scaburri career highlights include:
- Joined the Italian Air Force Academy in 1992
- Selected to undertake for flight training at Sheppard AFB, USA
- Initially assigned to the F-104 Starfighter as a Military Combat Ready Pilot
- Attended the French Test Pilot School at E.P.N.E.R.,
- Project pilot on Eurofighter development program
- Eurofighter Display Pilot from 2007 to 2009
- Holder of EASA Part FCL ATP with Class 1 flight test rating
- Qualified as Flight Safety Officer
- Logged over 3800 flying hours in 54 different fixed and rotary wing aircraft
- Commander of the Flight Test Squadron in the Italian Air Force Test Center